Thursday 18 July 2013

Our life in chalk.

A little while ago I came across this gem of an idea from JenlovesKev. I have seen many a wall and cupboard painted with blackboard paint and I have always liked the idea, so when I saw this interpretation of the trend my first thoughts were, 'That, we must do!' and so we did.
Unfortunately we don't have smooth walls, so we couldn't paint straight onto the wall, and it was quite tricky trying to find the right piece of wood, but apart from all that we're really happy with how it turned out.


 Here's the photo story of how it happened...

 
If you look carefully you will see that we used two different widthed (is that a word?it is now...) rolls of masking tape. Getting all the boxes the right sizes was quite technical, but fortunately Joe is good at thinks quite technical :)
 
I feel it's been a great aesthetic, not to mention useful, addition to our kitchen :)
 

1 comment: